Hey there, thanks so much for your interest in my blog. Really good to see you here.
My name is Ivan. I am a financial consultant, blogger, and author of the book “Fire Your Retirement – 3 Simple Steps to Financial Independence and Retire Early“. You can click here to find out more about me.
This site is called SG Money Matters for a reason, it exists to give you an extensive education in not only the essentials of personal finance and investing, but also other money matters in your daily life. Because this is so many resources here, I’ve created this page to keep you from getting lost or overwhelmed. The information is right here for you, at your fingertips when you need it.
Building your foundation
Along the years, I have built a content library which will equip you with the basic financial knowledge which everybody needs to know. These are designed to build a bedrock foundation for your personal finance, step-by-step.
To get you started, here are some of the top tutorials and guides available:
How to invest
- How to find high dividend yield Singapore stocks in 5 minutes
- How to use REITs to generate retirement income
- How to choose the right unit trusts
- How to invest in a stock market crash
How to achieve financial freedom
- What are the rich mindset you must have to be rich
- How to achieve financial freedom and retire early
- How to build income-generating assets so you don’t need to work anymore
How to manage your financial affairs
FREE Tools on the website
There are some free tools on this website to help you save more.
- Enjoy 55% OFF travel insurance premium through this link
- Get a car insurance quote online to compare if your motor insurance is due
- Compare and find the best home loan package for your new house
- Check here to compare and save on your home loan interest just by refinancing
- You can find the current Sibor rate and historical chart here
My Three Principles to achieve financial success
When I examined what worked best in order to make sound financial decisions and achieve financial success, I found that there were three pillars:
Principle #1: Only learn from those who are already successful
If you want to be wealthy, you must think what the wealthy think and do what the wealthy do.
However, this is easier said than done. Successful people do not like to share their secrets, let alone share their failures. The good news is, as Tony Robbins put it, “Success leaves clues“. That is why I created a section called “Wealth Confidential” on my blog, to share the stories, insights and experiences from financially successful people.
In this section, you will find popular posts such as What does billionaire Philip Ng say about wealth and How Obama invests his money. You will find out Who are the billionaires in Singapore and of course, gain Insights from Warren Buffett.
Principle #2: Pay attention to the smart money, be an insider
If you are a DIY investor or have a genuine interest in investing, here is the place for you. After all, who wants to miss the fun?
I have two sections for this on the blog, Investment Opportunities and Investment Strategies. Being a strong believer in principle #1, I follow the best investor and fund managers, collect the best researches and thoughts. In fact, I spend a lot of time studying and even interviewing them; and I will share with you what I have discovered here.
Principle #3: Know what you believe, that is actually false
I have always been fond of Billionaire Hedge Fund manager Ray Dalio’s wisdom about being wrong. He said, and I quote here:
“Our greatest power is that we know that we don’t know and we are open to being wrong and learning.”
You may think that if you knew something was wrong, you won’t believe it true in the first place. However, much of what many people believe is false in a world where there exists so much twisted information to meet the marketing needs of financial industry. I explain the common myths and misconceptions and invite you to fathom what is seemingly unfathomable.
- Why buy and hold strategy makes little sense
- Why there is no long-term investing
- 3 myths of STI ETF investing
- Why investors lose out buying preference shares
- Why it does not make sense to buy IPOs
- What do ETF and Ribena have in common
- Why property investment is no safer than stocks
Each of the three pillars supports and enhances the others. Together, they’re much stronger than they would be if any of the pillars were missing. That’s not theory, by the way. I’ve tested and proven these concepts by applying these pillars to my own financial choices, and by teaching others to do the same.
Stay tuned and updated
If you have not subscribed to my newsletter, you must click here now. Because each week I will deliver a featured article right in your email box. You will find the latest key information you need to improve your financial situation.
To benefit you the most, I will share with you the best personal finance articles and resources from other authors and share them on my social media profiles. So don’t forget to like my Facebook and follow my Twitter.
Diving deep into specific topics
I’ve given you a wealth of information here, and this may be exactly what you need to rock and roll in your financial success. If that’s the case, that’s awesome!
But some readers want to go deeper.
- They have specific questions in mind
- They need more in-depth “professional help” to achieve their financial goals
- They want to benefit from more personalized attention to their unique financial problems and challenges
As a licensed independent financial adviser, I have helped thousands of people improve their personal finance. Professionally, I am specialized in financial planning for early retirement. If you are keen to find out more, you can contact me via the form below.